The Senior Manager is responsible for managing the overall health of the governance relationship with relevant external partners, landowners and other stakeholders during all stages of design and construction.
- Direct and support a team of acquisition managers to ensure timely, responsible, fair, and financially prudent negotiations and acquisitions of property requirements, as well as owner/tenant relocation services
- Provide leadership in discussions, contract negotiations, and implementation of transit-oriented community development opportunities
- Develops and manages property acquisition and risk mitigation plans and budgets that align with overall long term program strategies
- Develops risk mitigation strategies to ensure compliance with Metrolinx policies and procedures, design and schedule requirements and to manage Metrolinx’ liability throughout the lifecycle of projects. Recommends, implements and continuously adjusts mitigation tactics throughout each project phase.
- Builds, develops and maintains excellent relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders critical to the successful delivery of property requirements
- Provide leadership in the development and/or oversight and implementation of Real Estate Protocols and other government to government related agreements
- Completion of a degree in planning, real estate, business, or a related discipline– or a combination of education, training, and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in progressively more responsible roles within a municipal planning, building, construction and/or engineering environment. Including three or more (3+) in a supervisory role
- Deep knowledge of property/land requirements, specific to transit infrastructure projects. Experience with Alternative Financing and Procurement projects would be highly beneficial
- Demonstrated political acuity, excellent interpersonal, negotiation, collaboration and communications skills, with experience in successful multi-stakeholder engagements are essential
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A