The Regional Learning & Development (L&D) Consultant is a 1-year contract opportunity reporting to the National L&D Manager. Based in our Toronto office, you will be working in tandem with teams in our regional offices across Canada. As a L&D Consultant, you will work to change individuals’ behavior that improves business results by consulting in training, operational standards and facilitating training classes. Key customers include Staff, Owner/Operators, Restaurant Management, and learners. The primary function of this opportunity is to facilitate learning. This means you will conduct training that motivates, builds competencies, and improves individual’s performance and contribution to restaurant results.
- Serves as an operation’s expert and consultant on McDonald’s operating standards, management tools, and training systems to maximize restaurant QSC&V.
- Provides strategic interventions that helps their market accomplish its objectives. Coaches people on how to measure and improve training results, and how to appropriately diagnose problems and create actions that solve them. Frequently communicates and provides feedback to
- Regional Staff and Owner/Operators regarding the success and opportunities for people development within an organization.
- This role requires travel 30-50% of the time throughout Ontario, with the opportunity to work in other areas of the country periodically.
- Delivering an exceptional classroom experience that inspires and influences our people to lead great restaurants. Demonstrating and reinforcing the leadership behaviors that support the McDonald’s vision. Serves each customer’s requests by helping identify the appropriate resources and interventions to most effectively accomplish their objectives.
- Creates a partnership between Owner/Operators, Operations Manager, Consultants, Restaurant Managers, and learners that stimulates transfer of training, return on training investment (ROI), and improves restaurant results.
- 2+ years of experience working in a customer service and/or hospitality environment
- Operational expertise in QSR, restaurant industry and/or hospitality preferred
- Experience facilitating virtual training an asset
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills paired with engaging presentation skills. Bilingualism in
- French is a requirement.
- The education: High School Diploma or equivalent, BA/BS degree in a related discipline preferred
- Self starter: strong business acumen with experience working in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Technical skills: Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office, especially in Power Point and Word
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A