Website Manitoba Hydro
The Power Line Technician Training Program is a four-year apprenticeship program that includes on the job training and ten weeks of competency-based trade schools that will lead to Journeyperson Technician status. During your training, you will be stationed at various locations throughout the province.
- Have basic computer skills
- Have good hearing.
- Be willing to work in all types of weather.
- Have a good physical coordination; manual dexterity and be able to lift heavy objects from a variety of physical positions while
- High school graduate.
- Be capable of learning proper climbing techniques.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be willing to work at heights, in trenches, excavations, confined spaces.
- Working in a bucket truck or on the pole in climbing gear.
- Be able to work as a member of a team and adapt to changing tasks and locations.
- Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence (intermediate or full) and be eligible for upgrade.
- Have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and mental alertness appropriate for the duties you are performing.
- Be able to work autonomously and make decisions in stressful situations.
Company: Manitoba Hydro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winkler, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A