Website Manitoba Hydro
Under the general direction of the Senior Fleet Technician(s) or Maintenance Supervisor, the Fleet Technician will provide technical expertise beyond the Fleet Technician I level in the performance and planning of service, maintenance, diagnosis, repair, overhaul, upgrading, testing, outfitting and commissioning of all vehicles, specialized equipment and other units utilized in the Corporate Fleet.
- Prepare and/or conduct analysis of purchase orders, requisitions, change orders, and extra work orders. Verify that the work and invoices fall within the scope of the corresponding work package, communicating updates and concerns to stakeholders, verification and other inquiries.
- Identify concerns to Supervisor and/or Section Heads/Project Managers for resolution.
- Prepare and release Service Entries, Goods Receipts and Cheque Requisitions as required to facilitate payment of invoices and progress statements.
- Audit and/or prepare Invoices, complex Progress Statements and Miscellaneous Billing Requests. Analyze backup and verify that payment claims are valid and in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of payment, ensuring proper account settlement.
- Provide service and guidance to staff within Construction Division, with regards to SAP, contracts, preparation and processing of journal entries, adjustments and corrections to accounts as required.
- Establish holdbacks to reflect liabilities as required, and audit and monitor invoice, progress statement and cheque requisition payments to Accounts Payable Section register, to ensure supplier cheque receipt. Directly communicate with Accounts
- Payable Section to resolve and expedite issues that arise.
- Recommends and initiates improvements to business unit processes and procedures as they relate to invoice processing.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external customer inquiries with respect to contract payment claims, back-up
- Make direct contact with the Purchasing Department, Accounts Payable Section, consultants and suppliers to expedite solutions to problems.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Repair, rigging and slinging, load distribution, vehicle stability and performance calculation theory.
- Demonstrated advanced word processing skills using Microsoft Word with expertise in formatting and styles.
- Successfully completed courses or received documented training in hydraulic, mechanical and electrical system theory and
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate work activities and provide leadership.
- Grade 12 and Interprovincial Automotive Service Technician.
work within a service group.
- One year of experience as a Fleet Technician I, and willing to obtain a Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician Certificate.
- Good interpersonal skills to be able to deal effectively with people and have an understanding of the requirements needed to
- Certification as a Utility Fleet Mechanic, with successful attainment of a minimum of 84 competencies as defined in the UFM
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation, maintenance, diagnosis, repair and complete overhaul of all types of Utility Fleet
- Demonstrated editing skills including proficiency with spelling, grammar, formatting, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Company: Manitoba Hydro
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A