Website Government of Manitoba
The incumbent is responsible for providing care and treatment of the physically and mentally ill offenders in a correctional environment.
- The incumbent works under the supervision of the Health Services Manager in the delivery of health care to offenders. The work is performed in accordance with prescribed regulations and recognized practices.
- Experience in a similar environment such as emergency, medical, surgical or community programs.
- Knowledge of Indigenous culture.
- Satisfactory Certificate of Medical Fitness
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Satisfactory; Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Security Check, Satisfactory Child Abuse
- Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Internal Screening Check
- Experience performing clinical assessments.
- Ability to work days, evenings, nights and weekends is required
- Knowledge of communicable diseases, main signs and symptoms of alcohol or drug misuse.
- Effective verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Experience working independently.
- Nursing Licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM), or the College of
- Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Manitoba (CRPNM), College of Licenced Practical Nurses of
- Manitoba (CLPN
- Experience with patient care planning.:
Company: Government of Manitoba
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Headingley, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A