Website Government of Manitoba
The Director is accountable for the provision of services offered through the Manitoba Emergency Services College (MESC), including a main campus and practical training site in Brandon, as well as a satellite site in Thompson. With a client-centred focus, the Director develops a strategic vision and operational model conducive to delivering adult education and training in a college-like framework. The Director is guided by the vision of the Fire Commissioner, the Department of Municipal Relations, central government, and the mandate outlined in the Fires Prevention and Emergency Responses Act.
- Excellent written communication skills for preparing documents for executive decision-makers and various other audiences.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a calm and collaborative focus during hectic periods.
- Extensive leadership experience empowering and engaging staff, leveraging opportunities for innovation, finding creative solutions to issues, and successfully managing change.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills for building and maintaining positive working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Must provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search.
- Strong political acumen for navigating sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Post secondary degree in Education, Masters preferred. An equivalent combination of education, training and directly related experience may be considered.
- Strong verbal communication skills for effectively communicating with various levels of audiences within the organization.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to formulate recommendations to senior leaders.
- Significant experience working in a leadership position in an educational/training environment.
- Experience managing and developing programs/projects.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as required.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Company: Government of Manitoba
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A