Website Lululemon Athletica
The Assistant Manager, Guest Experience role is an essential part of the store leadership team, ensuring our team members and guests (i.e., customers) receive a quality experience in our stores every day. Assistant Managers, Guest Experience are responsible for leading from the floor to build, manage, and develop team members. Assistant Managers, Guest Experience create an environment and a team culture where people feel a deep sense of belonging and have the opportunity to grow. As a result, they ensure their team delivers outstanding guest experience in line with company values and directives.
- Lead performance management activities, including direct feedback and continuous check-ins, facilitating team acknowledgement and rewards, managing performance documentation, and addressing performance concerns.
- Partner with other managers to review business data and metrics (e.g., profit and loss [P&L] statement) to inform planning processes (e.g., quarterly business review, sales planning, and hiring strategy).
- Address employee concerns or issues, including knowing when to partner with internal support to take appropriate action.
- Engage team members by helping them understand how their work supports the success of the store and of lululemon overall.
- Open and close the store in accordance with the opening and closing procedures.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws or regulations.
- Leadership role directly responsible for subset of store employees as delegated by Store Manager
- Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
- Lead an exceptional guest (customer) experience on the floor through assessing the level of guest connection and technical product education and supporting team members to address gaps through feedback and coaching.
- Resolve guest feedback and address emergent issues, including guest escalations and urgent requests, helping to “make it right” for guests.
- Accountable for delegated aspects of controllable budget and labor hours
- Provide retail floor leadership to team members, including making in-the-moment decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of retail floor coverage and operations.
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members consistently and equitably by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and continuous development check-ins.
- Implement the Store Manager’s People vision for the store and cascade to team members.
- Maintain strategic product presentation/visual merchandising by ensuring product recovery, restock (e.g., pant wall, size store), destock, or minor visual merchandizing changes are accomplished.
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive, productive, and fun experience for all team members.
- Support Store Manager in hiring and building a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive key results and performance.
- 1 year people management experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- 1 year retail or sales specific management experience
- Job Assets (i.e., nice to have; not required)
- 1 year leadership experience, including experience managing business operations and administration and managing projects or processes
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with reliable transportation methods
- 1 year recruiting, hiring, or training employees
- Work occurs on a variable schedule which could include early mornings, mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights or overnights as well as weekends and holidays
Company: Lululemon Athletica
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barrie, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A