Website Lululemon Athletica
The Assistant Manager, Guest Experience role is an essential part of the store leadership team, ensuring our team members and guests (i.e., customers) receive a quality experience in our stores every day. Assistant Managers, Guest Experience are responsible for leading from the floor to build, manage, and develop team members. Assistant Managers, Guest Experience create an environment and a team culture where people feel a deep sense of belonging and have the opportunity to grow. As a result, they ensure their team delivers outstanding guest experience in line with company values and directives.
- Provide retail floor leadership to team members, including making in-the-moment decisions to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of retail floor coverage and operations.
- Lead performance management activities, including direct feedback and continuous check-ins, facilitating team acknowledgement and rewards, managing performance documentation, and addressing performance concerns.
- Engage team members by helping them understand how their work supports the success of the store and of lululemon overall.
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive, productive, and fun experience for all team members.
- Support Store Manager in hiring and building a strong and diverse team that includes team members with various experiences, backgrounds, and skillsets to drive key results and performance.
- Address employee concerns or issues, including knowing when to partner with internal support to take appropriate action.
- Support ongoing learning and development of team members consistently and equitably by providing direct feedback, coaching, mentoring, and continuous development check-ins.
- Implement the Store Manager’s People vision for the store and cascade to team members.
- Resolve guest feedback and address emergent issues, including guest escalations and urgent requests, helping to “make it right” for guests
- Lead an exceptional guest (customer) experience on the floor through assessing the level of guest connection and technical product education and supporting team members to address gaps through feedback and coaching.
- Work occurs on a variable schedule which could include early mornings, mornings, afternoons, evenings, late nights or overnights as well as weekends and holidays
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year retail or sales specific management experience
- Work is sometimes conducted on a computer or other technical devices, including to meet with others virtually
- Experience: 1 year recruiting, hiring, or training employees
- Work involves reaching out to meet and build relationships with strangers/new people, and to strengthen existing community partnerships
- Work involves moving through a store for most of a shift to help guests and accomplish work, but can also involve sitting for extended periods of time (i.e., more than 1 hour)
- Work occurs in an environment with bright lights and loud music
- Work is accomplished as part of a team and also independently
- Must be legally authorized to work in the country in which the store is located
- Education: High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 1 year leadership experience, including experience managing business operations and administration and managing projects or processes
- Work may occasionally involve moving boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Work may involve managing conflict or mediating problems between others or deescalating guest issues
- Must have the ability to travel to assigned store with reliable transportation methods
- 1 year people management experience
Company: Lululemon Athletica
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A