Website City of Prince George
As the Chief Operator, you will plan, organize and supervise the day-to-day operation of the Municipal Wastewater Treatment plant (WWTP) and sewer/storm lift stations. Collaborating with the Supervisor and Wastewater Technician Foremen to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facilities and infrastructure, the Chief Operator is responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance work and capital projects, preparing work schedules, supervising and training staff, arranging for chemicals, supplies and equipment as needed and producing reports for appropriate City personnel and regulatory agencies.
- You have completed Grade twelve and hold either a valid EOCP Wastewater Treatment certificate Level 3 or Level 4, with preference given to a Level 4 certification.
- You have two or more years’ experience as an operator at a Class IV Plant in a supervisory capacity.
- Along with your experience conducting laboratory chemical analysis you are adept at troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems related to the wastewater treatment facilities and lift stations.
- Completion of a recognized leadership training program round out your qualifications for this key position.
- A valid full privilege Class 5 driver’s license (or out of province equivalent) is required.
Company: City of Prince George
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Prince George, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A