Website Jazz Aviation
To consistently deliver safe, quality regional airline services while focusing on our customers, our employees, operational performance and cost efficiency.
- Identify employees’ needs/requirements for product knowledge and ensure relevant information is available.
- Organize, direct and manage airport operational activities at multiple airports relating to passenger, baggage and cargo handling.
- Review and provide recommendations for station schedule changes and participate in internal unstacking meetings to provide constructive feedback.
- Review Transport Canada Security audits of local screening procedures and direct correction of any reported deficiencies.
- Demonstrate support and commitment to the diverse needs of staff.
- Analyze corporate daily/weekly PAWOB reports and develop corrective action plans where required.
- Provide the necessary resources and tools for support staff to perform their duties.
- Ensure regular ramp inspections/audits are completed to monitor ground handling contractor performance and compliance with procedures. Provide direction and follow-up regarding correction of determined deficiencies.
- Understand, support and communicate departmental/corporate direction in a timely manner.
- Manage frontline UNIFOR staff at multiple locations.
- Ensure financial self audits are completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintenance of Station property and facilities, renovations, equipment procurement & repair.
- Develop a full understanding and manage all aspects of the UNIFOR Collective Agreement.
- Review passenger load activity (oversales/spoilage) and recommend corrective action plans in conjunction with Yield Management and SOC as required.
- Encourage ongoing teamwork in meetings, open dialogue, team challenges and informal collective experiences.
- Coach and provide direction to employees to ensure consistent quality completion of responsibilities. Address individual performance issues as they arise following standard Jazz performance management practices.
- Monitor and maintain all necessary reports and administer necessary follow-up.
- Plan and manage manpower plan in support of budget and customer service requirements
- Develop and maintain relationship with local airport authorities.
- Provide support by attending union management meetings.
- Formal and informal presentations will be required.
- Create an open, honest and supportive work environment.
- Maintain company emergency procedures/local airport emergency procedures and ensure employees remain current with said procedures.
- Ensure airport complies with security and safety regulations and procedures.
- Management liaison between Flight operations, In-flight Service and Aircraft Maintenance at
- Station to facilitate a cohesive operation.
- Establish clear and agreed-upon accountabilities with direct reports and provide annual performance reviews.
- Participate in information gathering into the grievance process and participate at grievance hearing as required.
- Co-ordinate with Properties and Facilities on airport user fee changes and airport facility issues.
- Provide feedback to Marketing regarding local fares and seat sale promotions to ensure competitiveness.
- Make recommendations and develop cost/benefit analysis as required, for new purchases/projects.
- Monitor station delays/OTP/ daily and follow-up with corrective action.
- Develop detailed annual station business plan/budget and manage expenses to approved plan.
- Prepare monthly expense variance reports.
- Monitor local competitor activity and provide feedback to Marketing on any fare/schedule changes.
- Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to employee safety, personal safety, and the safety of contractors and customers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Travel for this position will be required.
- Is comfortable with creation of employee work schedules and managing of all issues related.
- Previous Airline Customer Service experience.
- 7 years supervisory and/or management experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Must be able to obtain an airside vehicle operator’s permit.
- Vendor management experience is an asset.
- Must be able to obtain restricted airside security access.
- Availability to become involved with communities in the designated stations.
Company: Jazz Aviation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A