Website Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
The Manager, Regulatory Affairs will provide the leadership and support in the development of regulatory strategies, including the planning, preparation and filing of applications to the BC Utilities Commission (BCUC), and the assessment of regulatory impact of corporate initiatives and issues.
- Acts as a company spokesperson in support of rate applications as required for BCUC workshops and regulatory proceedings;
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the department, including the departmental and corporate regulatory budget;
- Manages the risk assessments that may have potential major regulatory impact and develops strategies and action plans for mitigating those risks;
- Develops and trains staff including setting annual performance plans, goals and objectives and providing timely feedback.
- Influences decision making of business areas, supporting them to achieve their business objectives in a regulated environment;
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with Commission staff and other regulated entities;
- Leads a team of respected regulatory specialists known throughout the company for providing expert and strategic regulatory advice on major regulatory projects, rating schedules and initiatives with significant long-term impacts;
- Develops strategies for applications, hearings and other proceedings that ensure ICBC’s regulatory filings are supported;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong presentation/training capabilities and ability to influence all levels of management/staff;
- University degree in business, finance, economics, law or other related discipline;
- 7+ years of experience working within a regulated environment including knowledge of ICBC’s economic and political background;
- Negotiation and communication skills to effectively build relationships with key clients, stakeholders and senior executives;
- Business process improvement capability and ability to drive and implement systematic improvement and quality results across the business.
- Flexibility and adaptability as the Manager must be able to work outside regular business hours during a major regulatory filing;
- Strong leadership and people management skills;
Company: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A