Website Humber River Hospital
Humber River will be one of the occupying hospitals at this site and as such, we are hiring a Dialysis Technologist to work in our newly designated Finch Reactivation Care Centre facility.
- Provide assessment of patient homes for the installation of plumbing and electrical work for the initiation of home dialysis
- Provide support to supervisor, manager, nursing staff and physicians
- Perform emergency repairs and make independent decisions about safety or continuation of use
- Assist with Transportation and movement of equipment and delivery of dialysis supplies
- Service, exchange or repair hemodialysis machines and water treatment systems in patient homes
- Follow routine service schedules and perform electrical inspections of dialysis equipment
- Help maintain a database of capital equipment, machine repairs, replacement parts, home dialysis visits and inventory
- Maintain hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, and all other dialysis related equipment according to current standards
- Help with supplies and inventory when required
- Provide support for dialysis assistants and nurses
- Keep current necessary software revision levels in accordance with manufacturers technical updates
- Provide computer support and perform routine back-ups, support and information for other dialysis staff
- Assist in research and evaluation of new products, practices and procedures, reporting findings or documentation
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
- Ability and willingness to learn, understand and follow technical guidelines as related to medical equipment company CSA , AAMI.
- Strong communication, customer service and patient focused care skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but remain an influential and flexible member of the multidisciplinary team
- Possess valid driver’s license
- A graduate from recognized Electronic/Biomedical Engineering Technologist Program or from a Dialysis Technology
- Program with at least 3 years of related dialysis experience required.
- Must have strong organizational, problems solving and interpersonal skills
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written). Must have a demonstrated ability to read and understand basic medical terminology, concepts of sterility and aseptic technique
- Must have a demonstrated ability to assess complex electronic and hydraulic systems and evaluate equipment safety functions and make independent judgments about continuation or removal of use
- Ability to present technical topics for presentation or discussion and relate or provide instruction for dialysis assistant, nurses and home dialysis patients
- Must be physically able to perform duties requiring heavy exertion (lifting, pushing and pulling). Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time
- Recent computer related experience with Microsoft Office products and general PC Hardware/software configurations
Company: Humber River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A