Website Humber River Hospital
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our great team: people who share our passion to deliver excellent, patient-focused, expert care. The Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen’s University
- Responsible for customer service including scheduling appointments, answering patient inquiries, telephone inquiries, greeting patients and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Communicates with other departments and service areas.
- Communicates with bed allocation and other departments to arrange patient placement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for clerical support including patient registration and discharge, maintenance of patient records, order entry and statistics.
- Minimum 1 year full time equivalent recent clerical experience required, and preferably in a health care setting.
- Good keyboarding skills, with minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Completion of a Community College Medical Secretary Diploma an asset
- Good organizational and problem solving skills required, including an ability to prioritize a varied and busy workload.
- Demonstrated ability to cope with tight deadlines, frequent interruptions and emergency situations
- High school graduate or equivalent
- A good working knowledge of basic related medical terminology
- A positive attendance record and discipline free record is a requirement
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of a second language an asset
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team environment
- MEDITECH computer experience an asset
- Completion of secretarial and medical terminology courses an asset
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
Company: Humber River Hospital
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A