Website HSBC Bank
The Regional Head of Unsecured Lending IT has overall responsibility for managing the regional teams to deliver IT solutions to Cards, Loans and Transactional Banking.
- Ensure that the onshore and offshore delivery units engage effectively.
- Assist business partners in identifying and managing risks associated with technology, manage the overall risks and priorities of the department.
- Ensure completeness of support activities and BAU support is factored.
- Support any Global, Regional operational effectiveness initiatives as required, acting as lead for the region and country.
- Provide governance and manage Change and support costs
- Responsible for managing the monthly system upgrade with adherence to change management policies.
- Understanding of global and regional business and IT strategic plans in order to ensure effective consulting is provided to businesses, country and customer groups.
- Participate in the appropriate regional and global governance structures.
- Provide senior leadership and project, programme management to oversee target delivery for the regional Capabilities covering Cards & Loans.
- Responsible for effective and efficient management of WPB Unsecured Lending systems.
- Create and deliver a specific action plan required
- Define and maintain effective engagement, communication and reporting structures and relationships for the region in
- WPB, GLCM etc. to ensure full transparency for IT planning and delivery;
- Ensure that the teams have appropriate tools and training to meet the requirements of their roles.
- Provide clear direction, set and manage performance targets for the team.
- Provide coaching and guide team members across Unsecured sub-value streams.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behaviour.
- Ensure minimal outage for the system which are directly affecting customer.
- Ensure that the teams within the regional Lending VS have clearly defined roles, objectives, processes and targets focused on delivery and efficiency.
- Actively support and promote group and local strategic projects in support of the business strategy.
- Manage IT relationships globally, regionally and at country level to ensure regional implementation of IT programs and strategies is in line with business priorities.
- Interface with WPB Unsecured SVS 3 in-a-box leadership regionally and globally where necessary to provide an end to end view of IT service working internally with the ITID Functions for day to day delivery.
- Effectively create and communicate strategy and plans with the team.
- Proactively manage risks and resources to maximise delivery within budgets and allocated capacity.
- Ensure completeness of root causes and recommend resolution/ workarounds.
- Cleary define and communicate roles and responsibilities and actively develop the team’s skills in appropriate areas.
- Ensure due diligence of appropriate business, IT and regulatory processes is followed when existing systems are modified or new systems are developed with the objective of improving quality whilst increasing cost-effectiveness and achieving excellent levels of risk-management.
- Work with suppliers and business partners to agree, prioritise and plan the delivery of systems to optimise available resources and maximise business benefit;
- Manage both high and low performers effectively with a focus on talent development and retention.
- Look to drive and champion Agile, DevOps with New Ways of Operating principles.
- Develop an approach to optimise use and skills development of IT staff performing Development and Deployment roles in various locations in the region.
- Agree program strategy, priorities and associated regional view of Unsecured Lending VSIP, CTA, Entity Funded IT order book and assist Regional WPB Business with understanding and prioritizing initiatives.
- Ensure clear ownership of problem determination/ resolution.
- Effectively engage with suppliers of services globally as well as regionally.
- Ensure smooth implementation of IT projects across Unsecured Lending product line in line with business objectives for the region.
- Ability to deliver in a complex matrixed supply chain, multi-task and effectively manage risk.
- Ability to interact with and consult to the senior, executive business management.
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver IT strategy within Regional & Global Businesses;
- Knowledge of IT systems that support WPB Unsecured Lending and broad understanding of systems supporting the Value
- Stream for country oversight and governance.
- Knowledge of the region, cultural differences, variety of Banking Markets and regulatory as well as architectural landscape.
- Sound senior level experience of managing large teams and complex programmes (solid IT background and 15 years IT management experience).
Company: HSBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Quebec City, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A