Website HSBC Bank
The Senior Manager Compliance Commercial and Global Banking is responsible for contributing to the development and maintenance of a strong financial crime compliance and regulatory compliance regime and culture by developing and maintaining an FC and RC program that identifies, measures and monitors compliance with applicable laws and regulations that govern the GB/Commercial Banking businesses in Canada.
- Focus on aligning the GB/Commercial Banking operating practices with changes in Global Financial Crime Standards and regulatory risk, and ensure that GB/Commercial Banking Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance
- Framework remains appropriate across the various GB/Commercial Banking business segments.
- Provide guidance and direction on FCC and RC related matters to GB/Commercial Banking business and support functions.
- Assist line management, and in particular in discharging GB/Commercial Banking responsibility for complying with all relevant regulations.
- Ensure the appropriate timely and relevant risk information is provided to Head of Compliance Commercial & Global Banking, Vice President Compliance Commercial & Global Banking, senior management, Risk Management Committee, GB/Commercial Banking Risk Committees and other governance forums
- Share best practice with group offices and other business lines with region and globally
- Interact with regulators and industry bodies in Canada on GB/Commercial Banking FC and RC related matters
- Implement AML, CTF, counter proliferation, anti-bribery and anti-corruption, internal/external fraud, tax evasion and sanctions policies, procedures and systems that ensure that GB exposure to financial crime, regulatory and reputational risks is managed, in a practical and effective manner.
- Active engagement in regulatory inspections, internal audits and RCAC & FCRA reviews while promoting good relations with the relevant parties.
- Assist with and actively participate in the implementation of end-to-end compliance oversight, risk assessments, policies & procedures, training, monitoring & testing programs, and management of regulatory or self-identified issues and associated reporting of compliance risk.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationships with senior business managers at the Group and Regional levels.
- Regulatory Compliance program including policies and procedures to address compliance risks at GB/Commercial Banking and comply with applicable compliance related laws and regulations.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Ensure proactive approach is taken to identification of Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance risk change and potential impacts on GB/Commercial Banking in region.
- Ensure all GSM, FIMs, Managerial Letters and other Group driven requirements are reflected on an ongoing basis in all local DIMs, BIMs, dispensations, etc. as well as changes in Regulation that may impact on business.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators and the escalation of concerns to management as appropriate with regard to timely remediation.
- Strong communication and working relationship with Senior Managers in GB/Commercial Banking
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), internal/external fraud, tax evasion, sanctions and reputational risks.
- Continuous review for appropriateness of framework to monitor financial crime and regulatory compliance developments impacting on GB/Commercial Banking in region
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Strive to resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate material concerns to Vice President Compliance
- Commercial & Global Banking and other managers as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material impediments to timely remediation.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders within GB/Commercial Banking, other Global Business and Functional teams to provide GB/Commercial Banking expertise on all FC and RC matters
- Providing timely and accurate advice to the business as well as active participation in compliance training and education.
- Act as a primary Financial Crime Compliance and Regulatory Compliance contact for GB/Commercial Banking, with accountability to the local business and the local compliance function for ensuring as a second line of defence that the business is compliant with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Compliance, with relevant Global Banking or Commercial Banking business line exposure.
- Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead change and contributing to joining up with the other teams in Risk and Business globally.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with indivuals at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Understanding of all significant Financial Crime Compliance requirements applicable to GB/CMB businesses (e.g. Proceeds of Crime, OSFI B-8, FINTRAC Guidelines as well as SROs rules).
- Experience dealing with regulatory matters and interaction with Regulators.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Company: HSBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A