Website HSBC Bank
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks.
- Identifying liquidity risk drivers, assess liquidity risk exposures and monitor liquidity limits.
- Assisting in defining and providing constructive challenge to the capital and liquidity strategy for Canada ensuring that they are in line with internal objectives and strategy
- Ensuring efficient and appropriate management of our liquidity capital, during BAU and stress testing.
- Monitoring liquidity/capital risk environment and HSBC risks exposures vs. established limits, investigate risk events and produce MI reports
- Partnering with control functions (ie. Treasury, Finance, Risk) and lines of business to leverage reports, processes and systems.
- Working closely with the ALCM team to ensure appropriate measurement, monitoring and reporting of key capital metrics
- Participating in data analysis and support material preparation for regulatory exams and ad hoc analysis including briefings to senior management on risk management issues
- Performing sensitivity analysis to understand the impact of new trades / new products / assumption changes on the liquidity risk metrics
- Providing guidance and proposals on setting policy and risk appetite to the Risk Steward in line with Group Policies.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business;
- Strong knowledge of risk-related regulations, their application/impact in the banking industry with a specific understanding of monetary policy as well as key capital regulations.
- Ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence at the most senior level in the organisation
- Strong understanding of global financial markets and products
- Network across HSBC Group & the Banking industry.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands
- Experience of working across all levels of the organization to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependencies, as well as the implications of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level
- Experience of effecting strategic change
- Extensive knowledge and experience of balance sheet, income statement dynamics and capital risk issues.
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around appropriate risk measures, risk processes, risk monitoring and management
- Exposure to demanding operational environments to gain insight into effective risk management applications
- Experience of Treasury Management at a financial institution (first or second line).
- Strong leadership and management ability including ability to lead change, and to develop and retain critical talent
- Understands the strategies of the Group lines and demonstrate deep business knowledge.
Company: HSBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A