Website HSBC Bank
The Securities Services Middle Office Derivatives Administration (MODA) IT team is currently found in Hong Kong, Guangzhou (China) and London (UK). It is primarily setup in POD-based structures that help deliver the backlog of changes built on it primary application i.e. Calypso. Middle Office Derivatives Administration (MODA) IT is currently looking to supplement the team with a Senior DevOps Engineer based in Toronto (Canada) with solid technical skills. This is to improve the support and development we provide our operational users and clients, as we operate a ‘follow the sun’ support model. It is expected that this will be a career developing role for the candidate who will be expected to be part of an expanding unit in Toronto office. As the current development hub is based in Asia, it is expected that this unit will be self-sustaining but will interact with those hubs where required.
- Catch up with our BA colleagues in London on issues encountered during testing or clarify requirements
- To maintain an effective handover between our development hubs there will be occasion where you will operate on a shift working pattern i.e. an early or late working hours
- Investigate any production issues handed over from your colleagues in GZ or Hong Kong.
- Organise or attend sharing sessions you feel will beneficial to your learning and improving the platform
- Organise or conduct stand up to understand what everyone has been working on and where blockers might lie
- Actively engaged within the IT industry and leverage knowledge gained to modernise the HSS Calypso platform with industry standard architecture framework and techniques
- As a follow-up to stand-ups, catch with internal team members for a brainstorm on specific issues
- Discuss with the POD leads or Platform lead the priorities and overall direction of the backlog you contribute to
- Catch up with junior members of the team and carry out peer reviews where needed
- Implement code changes specific to items on your Kanban queue
- Someone that seeks to continually improve the platform and that is comfortable sharing their ideas and opinion.
- Experience using HTTP/RESTful APIs
- Knowledge and experience implementing Spring based patterns
- Good knowledge of Derivatives Management gained in either an Investment Bank or hedge fund environment
- Good understanding of event streaming management and messaging technologies
- Be a self-starter who is resourceful at finding ways at overcoming obstacles with minimal guidance and a positive mindset
- Ability to create CI/CD automated solutions using technologies such as Ansible
- Solid understanding of agile principles, test-driven development methodology, concepts and tooling associated with automated test regression
- A good communicator who makes use of all communication medium to relay and inform stakeholders in a timely manner
- Demonstrable experience in Java, Oracle and Linux.
- Solid grasp of Micro services Architecture
- Experience working with change management tools such as JIRA
- Prior experience in Banking is an advantage.
- Had experience with containerization, ideally using Docker / Kubernetes
- Good at organising yourself and others to the various tasks listed in your and the team’s queue
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Git, BitBucket, Jenkins, Maven or equivalent
Company: HSBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A