Website Home Hardware Stores Limited
If you have solid experience managing leaves and disability related programs as well as strong leadership skills, we would love to hear from you. This is a hybrid role where you would have the opportunity to work both from home and in-office.
- Subject matter expert to advise Team Members, Leaders, and Human Resources on leave of absence policies, guidelines and legislation including impact to company benefits.
- Analyze and monitor performance and trends on absenteeism, injury/illness (occupational and non-occupational), Disability Programs and the return-to-work/accommodation processes.
- Develop, generate, and present reports to the Director for analysis and trending insights; offer insights and recommendations.
- Provide guidance with training programs for supervisory Team Members regarding their role in facilitating effective claims management.
- Monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of leaves and stay at work programs, including absence management processes, procedures, systems, and tools; influence and make recommendations for continuous improvement; develop synergies and collaborate with Home Hardware Distribution
- Centers across Canada to ensure integration and consistency of processes and procedures.
- Collaborate with Third Party Administrators on processes, exchange of information, and program development efficiencies.
- Oversee the management of claims, ensuring policies and practices are adhered to and in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legislation, and other related laws.
- Plan, develop, implement, and administer comprehensive compliance of all leave programs.
- Lead a team of Disability Management Specialists to oversee the management of occupational and non-occupational programs, including return-to-work and stay-at-work /accommodation processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ontario Human Rights Code, its practices, and procedures (including the duty to accommodate), Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Workplace
- Safety and Insurance Act (WSIA) and Employment Standards Act (ESA).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrating the highest of professional standards. Strong relationship building skills to partner effectively with all stakeholders.
Proven time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments within demanding work schedules; able to work additional hours as required.
- College or University degree in a health-related field e.g., Disability Management Specialist (CDMP), Certified Return to Work Coordinator (CRTWC), would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills. Proven ability to exercise judgment, tact, and discretion in preparing, disclosing, and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Knowledge of MS Office with intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills to solution targeted, proactive plans.
- 3 to 5 years of Disability Claims experience, along with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Company: Home Hardware Stores Limited
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A