Website The Home Depot Canada
The District Virtual Consultant is responsible for building and developing store and customer relationships, driving a customized virtual shopping experience to support a district(s). They will lead the customer through selling and closing their project to ensure a great customer experience. They will provide a personalized experience and a variety of options to suit customer needs. The District Virtual Consultant will work in collaboration with multiple partners inside and outside the organization to provide the Customer with solutions to build equity and establish long-term relationships during the consultation experience that will translate into maximized project sales related to Millwork/Deck and Fence.
- Continuously grow knowledge related to Home Depot’s products and services (including financing, HDPP, etc.)
- Listen, understand and anticipate the customer’s needs, recommends the right products and services to the customer.
- Follow up often via customer’s preferred method of communication throughout the project, to generate referral business. Builds and grows a healthy pipeline.
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business and broaden the portfolio as necessary.
- Ability to track sales and communicate successes and opportunities.
- Create designs using programs (myCD) based on the customer’s ideas and bring the project to life with an ability to design doors, windows, decks and fences.
- Understand and develop a working knowledge of local building codes by partnering with the local installer(s).
- Initiate, build relationships and collaborate with Associates, Store and SSC Leaders, Contact Centers, PRO, Installers and Vendors to maximize customer’s purchasing experience.
- Provide fast, efficient, and seamless customer experience via multiple communication platforms with the set SLA.
- Manage several complex projects including alignment on all customer requests.
- Gets the customer excited about their project, qualifies customers and sells the entire project, including attached products.
- Support training of associates on all policies and procedures pertaining to the specific department; train, coach and develop other associates with specific product knowledge.
- Showcase products and service offerings are available in all Home Depot departments when relevant to the customer’s project.
- Work with installers and contractors to develop scope of work, provide insights and problem-solving during installation.
- Describe how products compare to the competition and have a good understanding of our price match policy.
- Strong business acumen, exceptional project and time management skills.
- Must have completed all Home Depot relevant department training and have a minimum of 2 years of design experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction and the ability to read blueprints and floor plans.
- Strong computer skills; knowledge of myCD and Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams).
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets Expectations and Consistently Demonstrates).
- Bilingualism in French is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, social media live chat and/or email, with internal and external stakeholders.
- A high level of product and procedural knowledge; the ability to use this knowledge to assess customer needs, guide customer decisions, evaluate the needs and scope of a project, integrate information into a design, resolve issues, and drive sales through closing the sale. Previous experience in a call centre environment is an asset.
- Consultative selling skills with an ability to adopt virtual selling tools and engage with customers virtually example Webex, MS Teams etc.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and time management skills, with an ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Company: The Home Depot Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A