Website Hamilton Health Sciences - HSS
The Junior Research Coordinator’s purpose is to manage multiple clinical research studies. The Junior Research Coordinator is accountable to the Principal Investigator (PI) and Study Sponsors and is responsible for all aspects of research projects highlighted below.
- Enter study patient data on study databases and resolve queries
- Participate in Study Start-Up Activities such as Site Initiation and Study Activation meetings and training.
- Help develop research study budgets, in collaboration with PIs and negotiation with study sponsors.
- Coordinate training of Investigators, Clinician and other study staff on all aspects of clinical study procedures.
- Recruit/consent study participants onto multiple studies.
- Adhere to all related compliance, safety and monitoring.
- Conduct patient interviews, coordinate study related clinical tests and follow-up visits.
- Allocate and dispense study medication/treatments using several different database systems.
- Manage day-to-day study finance and study budgeting.
- Engage in ongoing communication and participate in regular meetings with key study specific stakeholders.
- Prepare all ethics and regulatory documents in accordance with the institution and regulatory and GCP guidelines including initial study applications to HIREB and CTO.
- Randomize subjects into study treatments using several different database systems.
- Maintain essential site documentation per ICH-GCP guidelines, management and preparation of regulatory and health authority documentation, research ethics board documents and study contact information.
- Act as the primary contact for internal support departments and external stakeholders.
- Help administer multiple study and sub-study accounts.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in multi-center research studies/clinical trials or other research projects in a clinical setting (Cardiology related preferably).
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field of study.
- Highly efficient computer skills, experience with the Microsoft office suite.
- Some supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience with multiple different databases (idatafax, RAVE, Dacima, Inform, Medidata, Redcap, Clintrak).
- Working knowledge of ICH-GCP Guidelines and international research requirements (current GCP Certificate).
- Experience with EPIC (formally Meditech and Sovera) medical records systems.
Company: Hamilton Health Sciences – HSS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A