Website Health Canada
By joining the PSOHP team as an Occupational Health (OH) Nurse you will be responsible for ensuring the health and safety of federal public servants (clients) in so far as their positions have medical requirements that must be met as a condition of their employment. Below are some of the challenging and rewarding duties that you will be undertaking:
- Respond to requests from client departments for advice, information and communicable diseases screening or immunization services in the event of communicable disease issues.
- Travel to client work sites to provide assessment or ancillary testing services.
- Coordinate fitness to work evaluations and assist OH Medical Officers or Nurse Practitioners.
- Provide immunization services and screening for communicable diseases for clients at risk because of occupation of work location.
- Prepare and deliver education material and information sessions to increase understanding of communicable diseases, health evaluations, and fitness to work issues.
- Work in a multidisciplinary role as part of a clinical team along side OH Medical Officers, Nurse Practitioners and OH Nurses both regionally and nationally.
- Conduct OH evaluations and clinical testing, as well as, identify client health risks and health conditions related to work.
- In the National Capital Region clinic, provide travel medicine services for work-related travel and/or overseas posting.
- Develop protocols and procedures as client jobs evolve and change impacting their occupational health in different ways.
- At least one year of experience in the direct provision of occupational health assessments and disability management services
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in Nursing, Nursing Administration, Nursing Education or other specialty relevant to the position OR a Certificate or Diploma in Occupational Health Nursing from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Experience in a minimum of two (2) of the following four (4) occupational health services: Immunizations; Tuberculin Skin Tests (TSTs); Occupational Audiometry; Occupational Spirometry
- Eligibility for registration as a registered nurse in a province or territory of Canada
Company: Health Canada
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A