Reporting to the Sourcing and Category Manager, this position is responsible for providing strategic sourcing support to their internal business partners to ensure simplified, cost effective, and strategic sourcing outcomes.
- Consults with clients on their sourcing needs, develops sourcing strategies to meet those needs and provides ongoing guidance and advice to clients throughout the process, including cost and time saving opportunities
- Develops an understanding of client business, directive and roles, immediate and long range plans and delivers training to clients on the GTAA Strategic Sourcing program
- Delivers, including some significant and high profile sourcing and contracting services for clients including; managing the bid process and making adjustments to sourcing strategies as required, negotiates terms and conditions and awards contracts, and investigates and supports clients in the resolution of contractual problems with suppliers
- Identifies problems in sourcing activities and develops solutions to ensure client expectations are met, consults with proponents as required, investigates and researches various materials and proponent practices, and provides expert advice to client managers on the best courses of action
- 3-5 years of relevant business experience in an environment of similar scope and complexity.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool experience in large enterprise, especially Oracle preferred.
- Experience managing varied sourcing goods and services
- Either a university degree plus at least 2 years of work toward relevant purchasing certification, and/or a combination of education and experience
- Ability to conduct cost benefit analysis to identify the best options, research products and suppliers, and formulate sourcing strategies to meet the needs of the client
- Ability to provide training to assigned and expanded client group, including defending procedures and processes as required
Job Category: Private Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A