Website Government of Nova Scotia
This position works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide direct services to patients and their families in the form of counselling, crisis intervention, therapy, advocacy, and coordination of finances
- Social Workers partner with community stakeholders to facilitate the identification of mental health issues and required mental health resources from a community needs perspective.
- The Social Worker acts as a liaison between the Centre, family and community, and may take the lead role and / or serve as case manager within the treatment team.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with team members, patients, and their families.
- Understanding of the Mental Health Act and its relevance to the patient population.
- Previous experience in mental health, geriatrics, acquired brain injury, psycho-social rehabilitation, forensic mental health, and / or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
- Valid Manitoba Class 5 Drivers’ Licence.
- Masters of Social Work.
- Preferred membership in Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW).Ability to use self awareness and self reflection in the practice of day to day social work.
- Effective written communication skills to document in patient charts and prepare reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with patients, family members, community partners etc.
- Knowledge of social, family and community resources relevant to practice, including rural/northern/Indigenous communities.
- Experience providing social work services within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong organizational skills to complete tasks and set priorities while working under pressure.
- Experience working with minimal direction and supervision.
Company: Government of Nova Scotia
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Amherst, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A