Website Government of Alberta
As a Crown Prosecutor, you will demonstrate the ability to help deliver justice through fearless, fair and effective prosecutions. The daily responsibilities of Crown Prosecutors encompass a multitude of duties, such as: bail, charge screening, early case resolution, alternative measures, whether to proceed to trial or discontinue a prosecution, conduct of all prosecutions, entering a stay of proceedings, withdrawing charges, plea resolution, provision of disclosure, electing to proceed summarily or by indictment, taking a position on sentence, drafting legal opinions/briefings, dealing with victims, witnesses and police, and launching appeals.
- Prioritizing actions/cases effectively to respond to numerous challenges and demands
- The public interest is served and a just result is obtained
- Working effectively to build collaborative environments with stakeholders of the justice system
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Assigned prosecutions of all serious and complex cases are conducted in a highly competent manner
- Analyzing situations fully to make informed decisions
- Problem solving and adapting approach as required to achieve intended outcomes
- Working with victims of crimes and their families
- Independent decision making
- Drafting legal opinions/briefings and court documents professionally and appropriately
- The Court is provided with evidence and legal argument that is fair, accurate and complete
- A Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or Juris Doctor (JD), and active membership or immediate eligibility for membership with the Law Society of Alberta is required.
- A valid Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License is a requirement.
- Travel within the province is required.
Company: Government of Alberta
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Red Deer, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A