Website Government of Alberta
The Ministry of Municipal Affairs assists municipalities in providing well-managed, collaborative and accountable local government to Albertans
- Providing tactical oversight to effective operations and maintenance of the AFRRCS network
- A comprehensive approach to managing emergencies in the province through the Alberta Emergency Management Agency
- A system that strives to ensure appropriate safety standards for The construction and maintenance of buildings and equipment
- Management of about 2.6 million acres of public land in the province’s three Special Areas
- Province-wide support for access to public library services for Albertans
protections for new home buyers and required licensing for home builders
- Independent review and decisions on local matters by the Land and Property Rights Tribunal
- Ensure AFRRCS operations are planned, directed, and evaluated to deliver outcomes associated with business and operational plans, performance agreements with an eye to continual improvement
- First responder agency and service provider relationship management, contract management, and business operations services are planned and delivered in alignment with operation plans and priorities, relevant legislation, regulations, policies and agreements, and agency and stakeholder requirements
- Funding supports for municipalities
- Ensure AFRRCS, the division and Ministry management teams are provided with expert advice and active collaboration to support the provision of high quality programs that meets Ministry requirements
- Other duties as required
- Ensuring system operations and maintenance services are delivered in alignment with business plans and priorities, relevant legislation, regulations, policies, and agreements, and client requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of first responder agency stakeholder communities affected by services provided, including communication requirements, concerns and both existing and emerging technologies.
- Superior communications skills, written and verbal, including the ability to develop and present recommendations and solutions to Ministry
- Officials and stakeholders as well as communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Strategic, analytical thinking as well as problem solving skills, managing multiple complex issues while delivering results.
- Post-secondary education in a field related to the position assignment such as those in first responder disciplines, electrical engineering, wireless systems technology or equivalent supplemented by five years of operational experience in emergency / first response communications technology.
- Experience as a first responder.
- Must be able to maintain enhanced security clearances with several partner agencies.
Company: Government of Alberta
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Albert, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A