Website Global Affairs Canada
The Public Health Agency of Canada’s National Microbiology Laboratory (NML) provides scientific expertise and laboratory capacity for infectious disease monitoring, detection, investigation and outbreak response to support national and international public health action. Our laboratories lead the development and application of cutting edge tools to support innovation in infectious disease diagnostics, lab-based surveillance and applied and basic research on a range of pathogens with public health significance. We are seeking highly motivated students to engage in research across a variety of disciplines
- Experience in performing or researching methodologies in one or more of the following biological disciplines; microbiology (virology, bacteriology, mycology, parasitology), cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, structural biology, genomics, proteomics, or bioinformatics (depending on the needs of the position).
- Enrolled in post-secondary education full time or in an academic program that requires research in the curriculum.
- Ability and willingness to travel to conferences and training courses.
- Ability to perform lab work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work with hazardous materials.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Ability to write and communicate results effectively to diverse audiences.
Company: Global Affairs Canada
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A