Website Giant Tiger
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in the National Capital Region, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
- Maintain knowledge of OD leading practices, innovations, and external market trends in order to inform internal program development and implementation.
- Develop, implement and oversee the performance management system.
- Advise on and facilitate the creation and delivery of the Accountability Management System in order to improve overall employee/manager performance.
- Measure employee engagement and HR effectiveness through the execution of our annual engagement survey – create total company action plan based on survey results to drive engagement.
- Develop and deliver training and coaching programs to support leadership development and succession planning.
- Select vendors and identify tools and assessments needed to facilitate the development of employees across the organization.
- Design, develop and implement OD policies, processes, practical toolkits, training, and governance procedures (requires consultation with key stakeholders in various areas of the business).
- Build and manage coaching and mentorship programs at GT.
- Give their best advice continuously to improve the HR function in the organization.
- Partner with the information systems team to ensure HRIS is updated to reflect any changes
- Define, develop and implement OD strategies and initiatives that align with our purpose mission, values, and transformation roadmap that supports our overall organizational performance.
- Lead the annual Talent Assessment process, compile data, manage results and build succession and development plans as required.
- Assess internal and external OD programs and make expert recommendations on how to improve internal programs.
- Develop, project plan, and execute any other project or initiative assigned by the Head of OD & Talent.
- As the subject matter expert, you will provide consulting services, insight, and support, to HRBPs, business leaders, and other internal clients on OD programs, processes and strategy.
- Industrial psychologist, Organizational Development training, or coach certification is an asset
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize tasks and independently manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to present effectively to small and large groups
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Knowledge of retail operations is an asset
- English essential
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in OD or related field
- Knowledge of Workday is an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in OD, HR, or related field
- Ability to build solid business relationships and to use consultative approach when dealing with various stakeholders
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Power Point, and Word)
Company: Giant Tiger
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A