Website Giant Tiger
As an important member of the Store Human Resources team and reporting to the Regional Human Resources Business Partner, the HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Store Human Resources function, including all aspects of employee and labour relations, talent management and Human Resources Best Practices. The HR Business Partner conducts regular store visits to review Store engagement and identifies any employee relations issues and escalates/resolves those issues working in partnership with the Regional Support Managers. The HR Business Partner acts as a coach to the store owners on engagement, retention, performance management talent management and policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations in conjunction with Store Owner/Operator around store headcount and FT/PT full time equivalent mix.
- Makes recommendations on candidates for entry to Talent Development Programs
- Supports the store succession planning function through effective quarterly talent management/ calibration meetings with store owner managers and Regional Sales Managers identifying role gaps at associate & management levels.
- Foster and maintain strong business relationships with key HR internal & external business leaders and client groups
- Supports the move toward a results-driven, high performance organization, through coaching, training and development
- Completes HR Store log to track store engagement and develop action plans in conjunction with the Senior HR Business Partner.
- Partner with Learning & Development & OD in areas relating to mandatory learning compliance specific to regions and identifying ongoing store training needs.
- Acts as a SMEE on content for store training program content
- Support the store function through effective retention planning, training, coaching, team building. and succession planning
- Assist stores in conducting ER investigations and MOL & Human Rights responses and claims, including Harassment and Violence in the Workplace investigations.
- Supporting the stores with disability management and return to work program.
- Knowledge of Workday as asset
- Excellent organizational, communications, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills;
- Strong computer skills in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point are required;
- Post Secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline; or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of 2-5 years supervisory/managerial experience;
- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in a HR generalist role;
- Travel is required in the Western Provinces
- Previous experience with employee relations would be an asset;
Company: Giant Tiger
Job Category: Supermarket
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A