We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Lead Embedded Systems Developer who will provide technical direction for firmware architecture and design of our GPS and Kinematics team. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
- Mentor other developers on the team and work with the team lead to set the direction of the team and guide key stakeholders on execution choices and trade-offs, and advise manager with insights and recommendations to improve the team.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the GO device application and functionality and how all firmware modules work.
- Perform firmware development for the GNSS, accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer modules.
- Break down large engineering efforts into smaller pieces that can be completed in parallel in collaboration with the team.
- Contributes to defining strategic direction, planning the roadmap, and synthesizing feedback to ensure team success.
- Identify key areas of architecture improvement and contribute to the team roadmap.
- Take ownership of technical projects and contribute to their implementation and output.
- Exposure and/or experience with RTOS and Linux.
- Several years of experience working with GPS or IMU modules.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets.
- 8+ years experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems.
- Exposure and/or experience with SCRUM.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages C and POSIX environment in an embedded software context.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A