Website Fraser Health Authority
The Clinical Pharmacist provides clinical pharmacy services including individualization of patient medication therapy; patient medication counselling; consultation with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to develop and discuss therapeutic plans and assistance in the development of drug therapy guidelines for individual disease conditions.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other health care providers to develop and discuss therapeutic plans appropriate for each patient based on chart review and assessment of clinical responses. Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained in the patient health record in accordance with regulations, protocols and practice standards.
- Individualizes patient medication therapy by performing activities such as referencing standard literature/publications and patient demographic information, reviewing patient charts and laboratory test results, meeting with the patient and health care team to assess clinical response of the patient to medication therapy and modifying or developing therapeutic plans to ensure that medication therapy is consistent with the patient”s needs.
- Provides patient medication counselling regarding drug therapy by reviewing reference literature, summarizing information and meeting with patients and their families to provide and explain information and plans, demonstrating procedures, techniques and use of equipment, and assessing patient’s/family’s understanding of the procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Assists the health care team in developing drug therapy guidelines for individual disease conditions by reviewing current literature, compiling and analyzing information relating to current therapy guidelines, providing suggestions and recommendations, and monitoring the effectiveness of current guidelines on patient health care outcomes.
- Participates in ward rounds, program team meetings and provision of pharmacy services at the unit level to enhance patient care.
- Education, Training, and Experience
- Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
- Completion of an accredited Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Company: Fraser Health Authority
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A