FedEx Express Canada is looking for a Project Manager to lead construction projects across the country. This position would be responsible for identifying development opportunities in the Canadian market, quantification, and analysis of benefits/risks, designing solutions, and completing development. The successful candidate would be engaged in a variety development project using a structured process applying proven industry standards. The position provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with a variety of organization levels including our executive team and external vendors and professional services. This position will be a critical contributor to our development strategy of providing facilities, infrastructure, and processes to support revenue, service and operational excellence.
- Effectively communicates both up and down the chain of command. Facilitates group discussions, and stakeholder meetings.
- Monitors building projects to meet FedEx standards and project requirements
- Demonstrates leadership, responsiveness, and creativity in finding solutions for project delivery.
- Ability to travel as needed. This role has a combination of both field and office work.
- Understands the strategic direction for operations and business teams and maintains alignment of projects with those strategic directions.
- Manages overall project closeout including document maintenance, deficiencies, warranty work and reconcile all project costs.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible outcome for schedule and financial targets
- Completes all aspects of project management related to capital improvements and execution of tenant improvement and operational improvement projects
- Develops and maintains a project schedule and communicates to project stakeholders on progress of milestones and completion dates; understands critical timelines and impact of project work on operational capability
- Successful applicant will be based out of our Mississauga FedEx Head office, Hybrid and ability to travel (20%) across
- Ontario and Canada as project demands.
- Leads complex, cross-functional projects with minimal supervision. Effectively manages and oversees multiple projects within time, cost and resource constraints.
- Manages external consultant teams and vendors to ensure that projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes and that quality standards are maintained
- Manages the procurement process including subcontractor/trade/supplier negotiations and contract awards. Administer consultant and vendor agreements.
- Track and manage costs to ensure work stays on budget, and 3rd party invoices are submitted in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Proactive communicator with solid client relationship management skills and possessing strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets and current construction practices and methodology.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation. Excellent prioritization skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent – Architecture, Construction, Engineering
- Ability to build and maintain strong vendor partnerships.
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of construction processes, commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Knowledge of local government and business practices
- Planning & Administration – 6 years – Architectural, engineering and/or construction disciplines in the development & completion of multimillion dollar projects with emphasis on project/construction management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A