FedEx Express Canada is looking for a Property & Facility to plan property, real estate and infrastructure solutions across the country. This position would be responsible for identifying development opportunities in the Canadian market, quantification and analysis of benefits/risks, option development and secure project approvals. The successful candidate would be engaged in planning a variety long term infrastructure projects through to approval. The position provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with a variety of organization levels including our executive team, external vendors and professional services. The successful candidate will be a critical contributor to our long term strategy of providing facilities, infrastructure, and processes to support revenue, service and operational excellence.
- Completes all aspects of project management related to capital planning, project prioritization and approvals.
- Demonstrates leadership, responsiveness, and creativity in finding solutions for project delivery.
- Leads the project management process including contract award for professional services, consultants and coordination of internal project teams.
- Manages external consultant teams and vendors to ensure that projects are scoped and budgeted according to functional specifications, available capital and resource availability.
- Ability to travel as needed. This role has a combination of both field and office work.
- Leads complex, cross-functional projects with minimal supervision. Effectively manages and oversees multiple projects within time, cost and resource constraints.
- Develops and maintains a project plan and schedule, collaborates with stakeholders on progress towards project dates; understands critical timelines and the impact of project outcomes on the business.
- Understands the strategic direction for operations and business teams and maintains alignment of projects with those strategic directions.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible outcome for schedule and financial targets
- Effectively communicates both up and down the chain of command. Facilitates group discussions, and stakeholder meetings. Develops Executive level presentations with minimal supervision.
- Basic understanding of construction processes, commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and AGILE/SAFE project management is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation. Excellent prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Proactive communicator with solid client relationship management skills and possessing strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Knowledge of local government and business practices.
- Planning & Administration – 6 years – Architectural, engineering and/or construction disciplines in the planning & development of multimillion dollar projects with emphasis on project management, budgeting and creation of financial plans.
- Ability to build and maintain strong vendor partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent – Architecture, Construction, Engineering.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brandon, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A