FedEx Express Canada is looking for a Project Engineer to plan property, real estate and infrastructure solutions across the country. This position would be responsible for identifying development opportunities in the Canadian market, quantification and analysis of benefits/risks, option development and secure project approvals. The successful candidate would be engaged in planning a variety long term infrastructure projects through to approval. The position provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with a variety of organization levels including our executive team, external vendors and professional services. The successful candidate will be a critical contributor to our long term strategy of providing facilities, infrastructure, and processes to support revenue, service and operational excellence.
- Understands the strategic direction for operations and business teams and maintains alignment of projects with those strategic directions.
- Completes all aspects of project management related to capital planning, project prioritization and approvals.
- Leads the project management process including contract award for professional services, consultants and coordination of internal project teams.
- Develops and maintains a project plan and schedule, collaborates with stakeholders on progress towards project dates; understands critical timelines and the impact of project outcomes on the business.
- Manages external consultant teams and vendors to ensure that projects are scoped and budgeted according to functional specifications, available capital and resource availability.
- Demonstrates leadership, responsiveness, and creativity in finding solutions for project delivery.
- Ability to travel as needed. This role has a combination of both field and office work.
- Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible outcome for schedule and financial targets
- Leads complex, cross-functional projects with minimal supervision. Effectively manages and oversees multiple projects within time, cost and resource constraints.
- Effectively communicates both up and down the chain of command. Facilitates group discussions, and stakeholder meetings. Develops Executive level presentations with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and AGILE/SAFE project management is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in financial analysis and budgeting.
- Strong negotiation skills, ability to influence and persuade others to reach consensus
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple stakeholders. Proactive communicator with solid client relationship management skills and possessing strong written, verbal and people skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation. Excellent prioritization skills.
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Knowledge of local government and business practices.
- Ability to build and maintain strong vendor partnerships.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent – Architecture, Construction, Engineering.
- Planning & Administration – 6 years – Architectural, engineering and/or construction disciplines in the planning & development of multimillion dollar projects with emphasis on project management, budgeting and creation of financial plans.
- Basic understanding of construction processes, commercial leases, contract documents and routine accounting methods.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A