To provide extensive customs brokerage services in accordance with Canada Customs and other government departments (OGD) regulations and legislation pertaining to over sixty acts of legislation relating to International Trade; including but not limited to high and low value (HVS/ LVS) entry processing and customer consulting.
- In the province of Quebec, must be bilingual (French and English)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and interpersonal skills required
- Other specific mandatory experience requirements
- College Diploma or Equivalent (no discipline)
- Excellent Mathematical Skills
- Certified Canadian Customs Specialist (CCS) designation or CSCB Qualified
- Microsoft Excel – Basic
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to control emotions in adverse situations
- Must achieve a minimum of 25 wpm on data entry alpha numeric testing
- Incumbents must maintain their CCS designation when in this position. Must achieve annual recurrency points.
- Strong time management, planning organization skills
- 2 years current customs brokerage experience OR 2 years current rating and international experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of different agency clearance requirements and release processes required.
- Knowledge of International Customs documentation and regulations
- In depth knowledge of customs, agriculture, food and drug, tariff and valuation laws and other government department
- laws and policies
- Minimum number of years required for entry to this job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A