We are looking for a Project Control Analyst. The Analyst will work closely with the Project Manager, Engineers, Field Execution Planner and Field Services Coordinators to develop and maintain an integrated resource-loaded schedule. Through their knowledge and experience of scheduling tools and best practice, the Scheduling Analyst role is essential for maintaining quality and control aspects for Field Services work execution.
- Coordinate preparation, consolidation, and analysis of scheduling reports
- Prepare recommendations for remedial action where deviations occur, include trends in the forecast, or develop a mitigation plan or corrective measures.
- Supports the project lifecycle through schedule development, monitoring, and controls
- Seek Project Manager’s approval for changes to schedule baseline and new forecasted dates/performance.
- Proposes and participates in improvements to scheduling processes, approaches, and techniques
- Develop, maintain, analyze, and communicate schedule commitments, associated changes, resource allocation and forecast reports.
- Manage the weekly schedule, forecasting schedule changes and working proactively with Project managers, planner, and other stakeholders to identify issues affecting Project timelines
- Chair the Planning, Scheduling and Execution weekly resource meetings, provide visibility of coming weeks (e.g., manpower needs/level-loading optimization) and identify resource demand over/under-allocation.
- Performs additional project controls functions as required
- Interface with key internal project team members to ensure accuracy and efficiency in schedule performance tracking and reporting
- Provides schedule expertise during internal/external audits
- Shares expertise with other work groups and acts as resource for colleagues with less experience
- Monitor, analyze, evaluate, and reconcile project and resource schedule data to provide accurate and timely information against KPI’s to help drive business decisions.
- Develop innovative strategies to solve resourcing issues through complex analysis
- Facilitates schedule change control practices
- Responsible to work with the Project Managers, Engineers, Field Execution Planners to develop optimized resource-loaded schedules for various projects to satisfy deliverables, time restraints and customer expectation.
- Advanced Project Controls expertise to understand, develop and execute on company objectives related to cost and schedule development and project planning and estimation.
- Experienced in developing, executing, and monitoring resource-loaded schedules, WBS and project plans
- PMI member – Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Primavera P6 and MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Project), is a must
- Demonstrated 7 years’ scheduling experience with project control-scheduling position in an engineering or construction environment is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Data Analysis experience
- Broad knowledge of project management, process management, engineering, and construction practices.
- Experience with Power BI, MAXAVERA and MAXIMO would be considered an asset
- Full understanding of project life cycle, EPC, EPCC, EPCM across broad range of projects controls principals, practices, and procedures
- Ability to easily communicate complex technical information to different audiences
- Demonstrates curiosity and a desire for continuous improvement
- University degree in Engineering, Business, Construction Management, or Information Technology
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated competency in analysis, process improvement and problem-solving
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A