In this role, you will sort, disassemble, store, and repair meters and other electronic devices for our daily operations.
- Operate bar code data base handheld units through computer data entry and interpretation to identify, sort, retire, label & batch meters.
- Responsible for checking that meter badges are accurate and legible.
- Responsible for maintaining shop equipment.
- Responsible for accurate processing of paperwork related to receiving, transfers, issues, and regular inventory counts of parts. Responsible for identifying and reporting
- on any issues with material received from suppliers.
- Responsible for regular inventory counts of meters and regulators to be used in determining purchases and/or repair schedules for meters.
- Responsible for receiving and handling all shipments to the warehouse and ensuring delivery to the appropriate departments.
- Receive, handle and ship meters and parts in accordance with Quality Assurance (Q. A.) program which is subject to regular audits.
- Provide technical and problem solving expertise to Q.A., Operation Technicians, Field Supervisors, Billing Clerks, Engineering, Manager, etc. on a regular basis. Provides peer training where required.
- Repair various types of gas measurement devices and follow established repair procedures.
- Must be able to do all assigned paperwork in an acceptable manner.
- Computer literate with a strong mechanical and analytical aptitude. Mechanical equipment knowledge is an asset.
- Clear and effective communication skills with an ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform physical activity in lifting, bending, etc., in the accurate safe manner.
- Must learn the accurate and safe use, care and operation of all meter shop equipment and tools.
- Candidates must be able to pass a mechanical comprehension test.
- May be required to pass oral, written and/or practical examinations.
- Must complete Company Forklift Operator’s training and pass applicable examinations.
- Minimum Grade 12 education or proven equivalent.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chatham, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A