Website Eastern Health
The Cancer Care Program of Eastern Health has a provincial mandate to deliver cancer care to the people of Newfoundland and Labrador. It operates the Dr. H. Bliss Murphy Cancer Centre (DHBMCC) in St. John’s, and regional cancer centres in Corner Brook, Gander and Grand Falls. Currently, we are inviting applications for a Medical Physicist to join our clinical team in the main Cancer Centre in St. John’s.
- High level of visual concentration and hand/eye coordination required when completing precise measurements and calculations.
- By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Requires higher than normal levels of attentiveness or alertness for the health and safety of others when working with radioactive sources for medical purposes.
- May be required to place body in awkward positions while completing quality assurance.
- Required to work under time pressures and deadlines on a regular basis.
- Occasionally is required to lift heavy items weighing 25 to 50lbs.
- Successful completion of an accredited MSc or PhD in Medical Physics is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- A satisfactory record of work performance and attendance is required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Certification in Radiation Oncology Physics by the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine (CCPM) is required or eligibility for Certification in Radiation Oncology
- Physics by the CCPM is required (eligible for Certification as a Diplomat of the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or of the American Board of Medical Physics may be considered equivalent).
- Demonstrated strong commitment to high clinical standards.
Company: Eastern Health
Job Category: Health Care
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Paradise, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA
Application Deadline: N/A