This role is part of Dynacare ITSS informatics solutions and services team, whose objective is to collect and aggregate data to generate valuable business insights and data products. The data scientist will contribute to various stages of analytic modeling life cycle; engaging in data collection, preparation, analysis, and data dissemination projects. As part of those activities, the selected candidate will utilize to various modern data analytics tools and technologies to deliver efficient and effective results. The role will also involve collaborating with business sponsors, users and fellow team members to define and answer business analytics problems using internal and external data sources available to the team.
- Use data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population as a whole
- As needed, apply Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive analytics methods to answer business questions.
- Work with management team to create a prioritized list of needs for each business segment
- Contribute to continual improvement of data analytic processes within Dynacare.
- Identify and recommend new ways to save money by streamlining business processes based on analytical evidences.
- Evaluate quality of input data and propose improvement measures on upstream systems
- 2+ years’ Data mining experience or in a data scientist /analyst role
- Strong database modeling and development with MS SQL Server
- Deep experience with either Python or R and their statistical / ML packages.
- Experience with NOSQL design and development using engines like MongoDB and Redis.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms including supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning algorithms.
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or Data Analytics field
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A