Reporting to the Manager, Core Laboratory. You will be responsible for managing MLT’s and Clinical Lab assistants except for performance management. You will provide troubleshooting and theoretical guidance/advice to the department and will assist the Manager in day to day Chemistry operation.
- Provides in-depth technical expertise in the department and/or refers to appropriate technical expertise where necessary
- Provides project leadership for implementing initiatives as required that have a time span less than 3 month in duration
- Assist the Manager in coordinating workflow, staff training, scheduling and evaluation as instructed.
- Using extensive operational knowledge and skilled application, the candidate’s key accountabilities include:
- Provides advice, technical support and guidance to MLT’s, CLA’s and others as needed (e.g. troubleshooting)
- Shares knowledge and expertise by teaching and training staff and skill development of new team members as requested. Ensures and oversees that all required training is completed and documented according to department procedure, as required
- Ensure the efficient operation and functionality of the Clinical Core Laboratory in conjunction with the Manager.
- Proficient in MS office, excellent computer and keyboarding skills
- Familiarity (theory and practical hands on experience) with method development, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- 5 + years related experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Ability to develop solutions independently to problems with no set guidelines to follow
- Dealing with concerns from doctors
- CMLTO Registration as a practicing Medical Laboratory Technologist in good standing
Job Category: Private Job
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brampton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A