Website Durham College
Reporting to the Account Manager GM Projects, the Automotive Product Trainer works collaboratively with team members in the research, design and development of training materials that meet the needs and expectations of adult learners. Using various learning aides, the Trainer delivers high-quality training sessions to raise the level of sales and service product knowledge, interpersonal and qualifying skills of the GM Canada dealer personnel.
- Communicating effectively with participants, clients and the program team
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative;
- Developing training scripts for presentations on various GM Canada passenger cars and light trucks.
- Delivering engaging corporate training programs using presentation software and hands-on demonstration equipment for live and virtual sessions;
- Apply highly effective presentation skills for live and virtual deliveries
- Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates the diverse culture of the client audience.
- Travel across Canada on an on-going basis
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage participants in the learning process;
- Remain current with ongoing developments within the Canadian car and light duty truck market including technological advancements and EVs
- A minimum of five years General Motors Dealership experience or related experience in an automotive environment.
- Diploma or Certificate in adult education is an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of General Motors vehicles and the competition.
- Training experience for corporate clients with demonstrated highly effective presentation skills for live and virtual deliveries.
- Knowledge of current and ongoing developments within the Canadian car and light duty truck market including technological advancements and EVs.
- Demonstrated above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (both PC and MAC), Keynote, and Pages.
- Holds a valid G Driver’s license.
- Experience in the development of training materials.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset.
Company: Durham College
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Bowmanville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A