Website Durham College
Creating a positive learning environment that accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles;
- Working effectively with students, the program team, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring that course and program curriculum is current and relevant;
- Working independently and demonstrating initiative; and
- Utilizing principles of adult education to actively engage students in the learning process;
- Developing curriculum that uses appropriate strategies and tools to assess student learning;
- Effectively using educational technologies to support learning, manage and post grades, and deliver hybrid and on-line courses;
- Understanding of the Ontario college system.
- Experience participating in industry-led or community-based applied research is an asset.
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level with a demonstrated understanding and application of Universal Design for
- Learning and current assessment methodologies.
- Demonstrated use of current technologies to support student learning and the management of grades.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including students, faculty, support staff, administrators and community stakeholders.
- A relevant degree combined with industry credentials (Masters is required).
- A minimum of five years of recent (within the past three years) and relevant work experience.
- Proven track-record of life-long learning.
Company: Durham College
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Pickering, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A