Website Durham College
The primary function of this position is to provide administrative support for the Executive Dean/Principal, Dean, Associate Deans, Manager, Academic Operations, and Office Manager. The incumbent also provides student success support as needed.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support related to committees including Program Advisory Committees, Welcome Back/Spring/Winter School meetings, program coordinators meetings, and Whitby Council. This includes setting meeting dates, bookings, generating and circulating agendas, attending meetings, recording and transcribing minutes, and distributing minutes with appropriate attachments and follow-up information.
- Event Planning: Takes lead alongside planning committees to organize yearly, college-wide events: Organizes all logistics, committee meetings, records minutes, other duties.
- Maintains a variety of records such as purchase requisitions, timetables, expense reports, student records, course outlines, and tests; establishes and maintains office systems and routines.
- Performs reception/clerical duties both in-person, by telephone, live chat and e-mail, takes messages, arranges appointments as necessary, responds to a variety of inquiries from students, staff, other departments and the general public, sorts and delivers incoming mail, and scans documents for the Whitby campus, STA, HHS, Bistro and Pantry. Orders office supplies as needed and maintains the student locker processes.
- Provides support services to the Executive Dean/Principal, Dean, Associate Dean, Manager Academic Operations, Office
- Manager and Administrative Coordinator. Whitby campus faculty and student advisors in preparing and processing large volumes of work including correspondence, research, production of reports, packages, calendar of events, subject outlines, program guides, SSS/SFQ surveys and tests, Onboarding full-time and part-time faculty for STA and HHS.
- Academic Cycle tasks: Support for convocation, summer camps, part time culinary courses, prepare quarterly newsletter, review course outlines for accuracy in WebCOT.
Other duties as assigned.
- Proven ability to prepare useful meeting notes that summarize the topics discussed and capture action items.
- Well-developed problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Minimum two-year diploma in Office Administration.
- Knowledge of post-secondary programs and policies is essential.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and a background in use of Banner is an asset.
- Ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively with team members.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software i.e. word processing, spreadsheets, email, online resources, internet research.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic).
- Minimum of three years experience in a customer service environment, with experience in an academic office environment an asset.
Company: Durham College
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Whitby, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A