Website Dollarama L.P.
Reporting to the Director, Training and Development, the Senior Advisor, Training and Development, is responsible for putting in place learning initiatives that enable the organization to evolve and develop. The Senior Advisor will identify current and future training requirements, develop or facilitate learning interventions, and maintain learning initiatives on an ongoing basis. The incumbent will interact directly with individuals at store, district, regional, and corporate management levels. They will have both recurrent and occasional responsibilities and may also be asked on occasion to support in other facets of the business, such as Operations or Recruitment initiatives.
- Lead internal SMEs in identifying, analyzing, and developing or modifying programs as required
- Maintain records of projects (ex. attendance, results, dates, etc)
- Present training and development programs using various formats
- Utilize knowledge and experience in learning and development in combination with other disciplines such as change management, project management, technical or non- technical training, and e-learning
- Manage project delivery timelines and budgets
- Partake in process mapping and systems development as needed
- Design, organize, plan, and present various forms of onboarding and skills trainings
- Supervisory responsibilities: select and assign instructors/coaches to conduct specific trainings, provide performance evaluations to instructors/coaches, manage internal resources for the duration of a project lifespan
- Reports, on occasion, to different managers within the organization
- Evaluate effectiveness of pre-existing learning solutions and channels and assess future training and development needs
- Maintain programs that are currently in place
- Develop tools and support for managers and employees to enhance organizational learning
- Experience and sound knowledge of best practices in the area of curriculum development
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in a related field (Business, HR, Project Management, Psychology)
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar role, ideally in the retail industry
- Both a team player who works well with others within the organization or vendor organizations, and a self-starter capable of working autonomously as required
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in designing and implementing effective training
- Must be available for approx. 20% national travel; and
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Positive, friendly, and outgoing disposition
- Turns constructive feedback into output
Company: Dollarama L.P.
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A