Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
The purpose of this inventory is to create a pool of prequalified candidates that will be used to fill Maritime Search and Rescue Coordinator within the Canadian Coast Guard, Central Region, St-Lawrence Area. Positions are located at the Québec city Marine Rescue Center (MRSC-Q).
- Knowledge of Quebec Search and Rescue Region (Local geographic and environmental knowledge of the coastal and offshore waters in the area for which you are applying).
- A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- 12 months experience as a deck officer in charge of the watch.
- 12 months experience as a Marine Rescue Co-ordinator or Assistant Coordinator at a Joint Rescue Coordination Center (JRCC) or Marine
- Rescue Sub-Center (MRSC).
- Hold a valid Watchkeeping mate certificate;
- Ability to use various computer tools.
- Ability to work under pressure in an emergency situation.
- To be able and willing to travel by different modes of transport such as a ship / FRC, train, plane and helicopter.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Duncan, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A