Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
The Environmental Officer coordinates environmental assessment projects (Phases I, II or III), rehabilitation and risk management studies in collaboration with Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) and consulting firms. His/her role is to establish the mandates’ objectives, to monitor projects and to revise deliverables at the end of mandates. In addition, he/she occasionally provides advice and advice on the management of contaminated sites to colleagues in other divisions/directions as part of their civil works construction/repair projects.
- Ability to identify, analyze and assess a problem related to site contamination and to make appropriate recommendations.
- Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in physics, geology, chemistry or other science related to the position.
- Recent and significant* experience in the management of environmental projects and / or the execution of environmental programs.
- Recent and significant* experience in analyzing and interpreting environmental scientific data and writing technical reports or documents.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- By recent and significant experience, we mean a minimum of 3 years of experience acquired during the last 5 years.
- Knowledge of the main federal and provincial laws (Quebec) related to environmental protection and the management of contaminated sites, including the Soil Protection and Contaminated Sites Rehabilitation Policy.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Recent and significant* experience in contaminated sites** management, including the performance and analysis of characterization, rehabilitation or risk management work.
- Unless it is otherwise specified (e.g., Master’s degree), the term “degree” refers to a baccalaureate as established by educational authorities.
- Ability to communicate orally.
- Knowledge of the practices of characterization, risk analysis/management and remediation of contaminated sites.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oakville, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A