Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Plans and delivers EITT and legislative courses and training for CCG learners and external clients, and provides tutoring and remedial training to trainees on an individual or group basis.
- Develops and reviews projects, course outlines, objectives, and training documentation related to electronic systems and informatics training to instruct on the setup and operation of EITT equipment with an emphasis on practical and on-the-job learning.
- Operates and maintains a variety of communications, navigational, and informatics systems used in the delivery of technical training.
- Develops and administers assessment tools to evaluate students progress and provide individualized feedback, and submits final marks to the Superintendent, EITT.
- Advises CCGC management as a subject matter expert (SME) on electronics and informatics and liaises with College staff and Life Cycle
- Managers to ensure equipment and facilities are operational and courses objectives remain relevant.
- Tests, evaluates and assists with the technical maintenance of EITT equipment and machinery parts and assists in the procurement of additional equipment and materials.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Completion of an acceptable training program in electronics technology or an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Experience in Electronic System Installation.
- Experience as an instructor.
- Experience as an Electronics Technologist in the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Experience with networking equipment.
- Experience in the development and planning of training.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coquitlam, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A