Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Marine Communications and Traffic Services (MCTS) Officers with the Canadian Coast Guard provide one of the first responses to ships and vessels in distress. They oversee the safety of Canada’s waterways by listening for distress and safety calls, monitoring marine traffic to prevent accidents, making sure that vessels comply with Canadian laws, and by broadcasting maritime safety information, such as weather and navigational warnings.
- Ability to communicate orally
- Competency in skills associated with MCTS Officer duties (Arithmetic, Checking, Coding, Memory, and Spatial Ability). Note: this will be assessed using the MCTS Aptitude Test.
- Ability to communicate in writing.
- Experience in a marine environment (for example – member of a Ship’s crew, Navigation Officer, Commercial Fisheries, Sea Cadets, etc…)
- Knowledge of Inuit culture, society and economy; (Iqaluit only)
- Willingness to work overtime upon successful completion of all Phases of MCTS Officer training.
- Ability to keyboard (30 wpm with 95% accuracy).
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kitchener, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A