Website Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Conning the vessel during fishing operations in co-operation with the Officer of the Watch; controlling all necessary winches from the central control point on the vessel’s bridge or fishing deck; monitoring such variables as warp length, vessel’s speed, depth, time and other parameters which determine the success of each set.
- Responsible for the custody and maintenance of all fishing equipment aboard the Departmental Research Vessel.
- Provides all support necessary to ensure CCG meets its mandate.
- Supervises all research fishing operations, ensuring that the requirements of the Science Branch are met.
- Have the ability to stand a navigational watch at sea, assumes responsibility for safety of vessel and crew
- Maintain a valid Certificate of Competency
- Experience in providing services in a client service environment, which involves exchanging and explaining information by phone and email, and responding to questions.
- Secret security clearance
- Experience in using the following computer software: word processing, spreadsheets, internet navigation, and e-mail.
- Valid Transport Canada Watchkeeping Mate Certificate CoC or higher.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing information
- A secondary school diploma or employer-approved alternatives
- Valid Health Canada medical for seagoing personnel
- Valid Transport Canada Fishing Master Class II CoC or higher.
Company: Fisheries and Oceans Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A