Website Department of National Defence
- In regular circumstances, the work is to be performed at the Saint-Jean Garrison which is located in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, approximately 30 minutes from Montreal, on the South Shore. You have access to free parking and an affordable cafeteria. In addition, there are sports facilities (swimming pool, gym, various courses).
- In the federal public service, you will have access to excellent working conditions, pension and group insurance (medical and dental), job security, professional development, as well as a possibility of flexible hours and teleworking (to be discussed).
- Provide training to staff members regarding language proficiency benchmarks standards;
- Organize, lead and take part in standardization sessions for test administrators.
- Administer language tests intended for placement, language proficiency evaluation and certification;
- Design, develop, validate, review, adapt and maintain testing materials issued by the French Testing Section;
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Education, Linguistics or any other specialty relevant to the position.
- Degree equivalency
- Experience in the field of teaching French as a second or foreign language to adult learners.
- Knowledge of theories and practices in language testing.
- Knowledge of the levels and language skill descriptors associated to the Public Service Commission and/or STANAG-6001 benchmark standards.
- Information on language requirements
- Experience in Teaching French as a Second or Foreign language in a military environment.
Company: Department of National Defence
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A