Website Dalhousie University
The Office of University Legal Counsel is responsible for managing the university’s legal affairs, provision of counsel to senior officers, and administrative and academic units on a wide range of legal issues affecting university programs, activities and operations. Reporting to General Counsel, the Intellectual Property Officer is responsible for the development of and education on Dalhousie University’s intellectual property policy, procedures and protocols (the “Policy”).
- Work collaboratively with Legal Counsel Office through all stages of development, implementation and evaluation to ensure both legal requirements and the needs of stakeholders are met.
- Coordinate initial implementation and evaluation of the Policy. Identify and measure key performance indicators, continue to consult with and gather stakeholder feedback and data.
- Present recommendations to Legal Counsel to improve the Policy and associated processes.
- Develop best practices, guidelines and protocols in relation to the management of intellectual property across the University for adoption by Legal Counsel Office.
- Develop and deliver education and training for university faculty, staff, students and administrators in relation to the Policy.
- Prepare documentation for Legal Counsel website as well as for distribution as required, based on individual inquiries and unit requests to address further training needs and anticipated issues and frequently asked questions.
- Conduct research, collect data from, and coordinate consultations with, stakeholders across the University. Manage all documentation related to the Policy’s development, implementation and evaluation.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically
- Knowledge & Thinking Skills
- Relationship Building
- Accountability for Performance & Results
- Communication Skills
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field with approximately five to seven years’ related experience (or equivalent combination of training and experience is required) is required
Company: Dalhousie University
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A